The Account Executive (Job ID: AE-2) is a key member of the IMPEX team, responsible for achieving revenue and margin goals that align with the company’s objectives. He or she will manage strategic accounts in one of IMPEX’s main territories. Core requirements for this position will be maintaining strong relationships with existing customers as well as building new trusted customer relationships for solution wins in any of our top technology domains: Data Center Modernization, Virtualization/Cloud Transformation, IoT & Analytics, and Cybersecurity. Consistently engaging with customers and ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction are vital to this role.
Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills are required to work with customers and our solutions partners. The Account Executive will collaborate with the IMPEX team, including Inside Sales, Pre-Sales Systems Engineers, Solutions Architects and Implementation Engineers, to focus resources to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
As the Account Executive, you will have to gain a deep understanding of the customer’s challenges, and work closely with customer stakeholders and our engineering teams to shape meaningful solutions that meet the customer’s business needs. You will also provide dynamic pre and post sales support to drive customer success.
- Ability to develop and manage sales strategies that define consistent goals and tactics
- Maintain a high volume of activity: proactively researching, making outbound calls, emailing, and driving sales efforts to uncover net new lines of business
- Ability to translate client/business requirements into IT/business solutions
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with influential executives and technical decision makers
- Diligently prepare and participate with the technical lead in company presentations to clients, vendors and employees
- Proactively manage and participate in pre and post sales technical team activities to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction
- Proactively manage CRM opportunities
- Leverage marketing materials, email campaigns, social media, and networking events to build brand awareness with customers and channel partners
- Serve as a positive, dynamic leader and team player who demonstrates the best work ethic, creative problem solving skills, positive attitude, and sales awareness
- Assist in recruiting, managing, training, and mentoring new talent
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business or related field
- Minimum 5 years of account executive experience
- Experience in the latest enterprise technologies, including, but not limited to: VMWare, End-User Computing, Private & Hybrid Cloud, Networked Storage, Converged Infrastructure, Data Center, Application platforms
- Experience working with large accounts, including state/local government (SLED)
- Experience selling Cloud, Infrastructure, Analytics, Security solutions to medium to large organizations
- A strong understanding of Salesforce CRM software
- A successful track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit, are self-motivated and comfortable excelling in a dynamic, fast-growing environment
- Applicant must be organized, analytical, creative and highly adept at managing within a sales and engineering team setting
- Ability to design and implement project schedules, handle multiple priorities and manage long-term, multi-million dollar engagements with multiple project tracks and vendor teams
- Possess a firm understanding and practical experience with the use of project management processes and methodologies
- Competitive salary that includes a base + performance bonus + uncapped business development commissions, if applicable
- Excellent benefits and health/dental/vision insurance
- Robust 401K
- Engaging environment with talented team members who are looking to grow, win, and succeed
- Collaborative leadership setting that encourages new innovative ideas and knowledge sharing
- Located in beautiful El Segundo, CA, minutes away from some of the best beaches on the California coastline
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.