This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approx. 12 mth, can extend YoY).
- Architect, install and configure Cisco networks especially Nexus 9K core and other Cisco switches, router and firewalls.
- Perform network design, installation, testing and operational support as desired.
- Comfortably work with multi-disciplinary teams in an environment with large Cisco and other data center infrastructure.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Seasoned consultant with hands on experience in architecting, building, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting Cisco Data Center and other network peripherals, especially Nexus switches.
- Supported and secure mission-critical data center in high impact 24/7 production environments.
- Need to hit the road running so prefer hands on experience in managing data center supporting a multi-site environment.
- Ability to comprehensively understand situation from business perspective. Conduct compelling discussions, investigate root cause, and solve problems independently.
- Must thrive in a data driven and fast paced setting with changing priorities and multi-disciplinary teams supporting multiple stakeholders.
- Proven ability to navigate operational and technology challenges, leverage best practices to accomplish desired milestones.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences, IT, engineering or related field.
- Must possess active CCNA/CCNP certifications.
- 6+ years of direct experience in design, support, administration and management of Cisco data centers, Nexus switches and other network infrastructure.
- Involved in end-to-end infrastructure projects such as data center build-outs, hardware, network setup, upgrade & migrations, etc.
- Advance working knowledge of network infrastructure, virtual environment and IT hardware (data center, networks, switches, routers, load balancers,
- Capable of improving performance and security of large IT data center networks using best practices.
- Experience with Palo Alto Network, preferred.
- Experience with Cisco Security Products, preferred.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication.
- Must have a customer centric mindset, with strong desire to collaborate and continuously learn and improve.
- Demonstrates high ethics and core values at all times
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.