This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approx. 12 mth, can extend YoY). The consultant will assist Technology personnel to perform the required tasks and provide the necessary resources for their technology division to successfully maintain CICS systems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform the following:
- Install, maintain, configure, implement, and support CICS system software.
- Install, maintain, and support all CICS related program products.
- Implement new maintenance and fixes in a manner which minimizes risk and customer impact.
- Plan, coordinate, and deploy new CICS related program products and/or upgrade existing CICS software.
- Perform System Administrator functions for all CICS systems.
- Modify, as necessary, existing customer programs written in Assembler language.
- Monitor use of CICS systems in order to forecast need for additional resources.
- Identify and utilize the best methods for adjusting and tuning the system to maximize system performance.
- Assist the client’s application development personnel in resolving application problems.
- Ensure backup and disaster recovery plans are implemented, tested and used.
- Provide CICS knowledge transfer and mentoring to staff.
- Other relevant system and application duties as assigned.
The client’s current environment includes: CICS/TS 5.2, TMON CICS, JPUE, DADS, ACF2, Webfocus, Focus, Host Bridge, and MQ Series.
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years installing and maintaining CICS for z/OS, migrating CICS regions to new CICS versions, applying PTF’s and PUT levels using SMP/E, and performing user resource definition requests.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years performing ongoing performance monitoring, diagnosis and tuning, troubleshooting CICS problem issues, and working with the developers in resolving application problems on z/OS.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years programming using Assembler and COBOL.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years working with each of the following: CICS program products (TMON CICS, JPUE, DADS, Host Bridge, MQ Series, Webfocus, Focus), TSO, ISPF, CLIST, REXX, JCL, VTAM, TCPIP, ACF2, and Parallel Sysplex.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years planning how and when to install new products or upgrading existing software considering impact on end-users.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years installing and testing CICS related program products (TMON CICS, JPUE, DADS, Webfocus, Focus, ACF2, Host Bridge, MQ Series).
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.