Great opportunity for someone looking for a long term contract in Sunny California! Our large public sector client is in need of a Consultant to design, implement and support the Multi-Cloud infrastructure connecting on-premise networks to Public Cloud providers. The Consultant will be primarily responsible for design, review, optimize, support, and managing of highly available, secured and flexible infrastructure supporting existing and up-coming multi-cloud services supporting various departments.
The Data Center Infrastructure Section (DCIS) provides data center infrastructure services to the client’s data centers. Services range from network to virtual infrastructure based on application requirements. The Consultant is needed to work on the network infrastructure that will provide high speed and direct connections between on-premise Cloud solutions and Public Cloud providers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform all of the following:
- Design, configure, implement and maintain the Multi-Cloud network infrastructure services using Cisco CloudCenter (CliQr)
- Work with the Cloud Professional Services group to support connections to various Virtual Private Clouds (VPC) from the data centers.
- Conduct a thorough review of the Multi-Cloud infrastructure. Provide a recommendation, including implementation plan, of Architectural design.
- Execute the review and implementation plan of the long term Multi-Cloud solution.
- Troubleshoot the connectivity, performance or failover issues with Multi-Cloud infrastructure, as needed.
- Consultation to internal and external customers regarding the various available Multi-Cloud solutions.
- Documentation of the Multi-Cloud Infrastructure and updates to the run book.
- Conduct firmware and software upgrades to maintain the Cisco network devices.
- Provide after-hours network infrastructure support for mission critical Multi-Cloud applications.
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to internal technical staff.
- Provide weekly status reports, as requested.
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years as a network administrator using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment for enterprise environments.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience within the last five (5) years with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to Public Cloud Providers, such as AWS and/or Azure.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience within the last five (5) years with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting high speed direct connect services, such as Megaport.
- One (1) year of experience in the last two (2) years using Cisco CloudCenter or CliQr, preferred.