This is a 12 month contract opportunity in Sunny California with one of our large public sector clients. Our client is currently in need of one Consultant to design, implement and support the network infrastructure of the Data Center DC1 and Local Recovery Center (LRC) hosted by our client and its various departments.
The Consultant shall work on the on-premise multi-pod data center network, internet edge routing, and the multi-cloud network infrastructure to provide high speed and direct connections between on-premise cloud solutions and public cloud providers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and analyze network performance of data center infrastructure, identify insufficient resources and perform capacity planning.
- Evaluate customer network designs to determine network hardware and software requirements for specific model interface types and bandwidth are met.
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain the internet edge routing network with different internet service providers using BGP.
- Configure, manage, and troubleshoot the network operations of data center including legacy Nexus environment and the ACI multi-pod fabric, including migrate from Legacy network infrastructure to ACI.
- Participate in network expansion and upgrade projects including the installation of hardware and software.
- Design, configure, implement, and maintain the Multi-Cloud network infrastructure services.
- Work with the Cloud Professional Services group to support virtual connections to various Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) from the data centers.
- Execute the review and implementation plan of the long term multi-cloud network infrastructure solution.
- Troubleshoot the connectivity, performance or failover issues with multi-cloud network infrastructure when needed.
- Collaborate with vendors during network outages and resolve the network issues related to the software and hardware switching.
- Develop a non-production environment to test software and hardware products to determine the performance and interoperability.
- Develop plans for network hardware replacement and prepare project schedule.
- Develop written documents for installation of hardware and troubleshoot procedure for hardware and software network issues.
- Provide after-hours network infrastructure support for mission critical applications.
- Provide cross training to internal team members.
- Provide consultation to customers regarding the various available data center infrastructure solutions.
- Provide documentation of the data center infrastructure and provide updates to the run book.
- Active CCNA and/or CCNP certifications, desired
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years working as a network administrator using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting Cisco network equipment for enterprise environments.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience within the last five (5) years with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting data center multi-pod network based on Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) solution.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience within the last five (5) years with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure connecting to public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or GCP using high speed direct connect services such as Megaport.
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience within the last five (5) years with using, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting the internet edge routing with two or more different internet service providers to achieve redundancy and high availability.
Resumes submitted must contain clear evidence that above requirements are met.