Description of Work/Duties
- Upgrade Endevor for COBOL 6; Convert load libraries to PDSE and prepare the environment. Support application developers for compile issues.
- Update mainframe jobs and or promote packages using mainframe software application Endevor. Move program packages, and members as requested by application developers.
- Execute mainframe and distributed jobs functions such as ordering, holding, submitting, cancelling, and monitoring production jobs using Control-M Workload Manager software.
- Use Control-M Workload Automation software to create / update mainframe (MF) and distributed jobs, including scheduling, and job output handling, as required, to support customer applications.
- Monitor jobs scheduled and executed in Control-M to determine positive outcome and take corrective action for failed jobs, long-running jobs, and jobs that fail to execute on schedule. Report incidents, requests, and actions taken in Turnover document for team transition and situational awareness.
- Monitor batch jobs that control MF online applications to ensure that schedules are followed and that MF systems are readied before and after scheduled maintenance windows. Report the status of online applications at shift’s end as outlined in team procedures.
- Work in a paired programming environment for knowledge sharing and training purposes. Review and submit procedural documentation and participate in team presentations to help build team skills expertise.
- Track all reported problems to ensure that they are resolved in a timely manner.
- Open and close incident tickets using the tracking software application Cherwell service management tool. Update each incident or request with action taken/resolution.
- Perform in-house diagnostics and support for print director/form design software, including Solimar Print Director, Elixir DesignPro Tools, and IBM Oce print management software.
- Coordinate and/or control the operation of the console, assignment of devices, replies to operator messages and the operation of input and output devices by executing jobs according to a predefined schedule, complying with and enforcing computer operation standards.
Minimum Requirements (all requirements must be met)
- Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years executing mainframe and distributing jobs including ordering, holding, submitting, cancelling, and monitoring production jobs using the scheduling software application, Control-M.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years working in a data center interacting closely with customers, opening, and closing incident tickets using a tracking software application like Cherwell service management tool.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last five (5) years working with mainframe software Endevor to move the customer application programs and application source elements such as Job Control Language (JCL), Procedures (PROCS) and Control Statements to the Endevor libraries.