http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg 0 0 Christine Setian http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg Christine Setian2021-11-19 17:33:192022-01-24 11:04:48Sr. Desktop Engineer (Contract) - Irwindale, CA
Sr. Desktop Engineer (Contract) – Irwindale, CA
We are looking for a Sr. Desktop Engineer on a contract basis. This consultant will support one of our major customer’s in Southern California and will be responsible for supporting user computing strategy, solution services, experience roadmap, and implementation plans to enhance endpoint security.
The Sr. Desktop Engineer will require specific skillsets, including windows server and desktop management, as well as Citrix XenApp Suite of Applications.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide architectural expertise to ensure that solutions are aligned with IT standards and best practices.
- Maintain secure endpoints which includes but is not limited to implementing SCCM compliance policies and Windows Credential Manager.
- Maintain the health of the SCCM environment as well as upgrade to the latest build.
- Maintain End User standards and best practices for process/procedures and technical standards.
- Effectively manage utilization and prioritization based on evolving business and technology considerations.
- Lead product and vendor evaluations in order to select best of breed products and implement and release these products into a production environment.
- Respond to customer escalations according to defined service level agreements.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or 5-7 years of equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience managing and supporting Windows desktops – registry, profiles, services and components, file system and application compatibility in an enterprise environment
- Working knowledge with scripting languages – PowerShell, VBScript, Batch
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environment using tools such as SCCM and SCOM
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working with endpoint client management tools including Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ of experience designing, implementing, and supporting Citrix SSO XenDesktop 7.8/7/15, XenApp 7.8/6.5 applications, Storefront, Web Interface, VMWare ESX, NetScaler’s 11.5, Edgesight, Windows 2012-R2 Servers, Windows 2008-R2, SQL 2014 Always-On, AppSense Management, Windows 7/10 desktops and Citrix Studio
- Experience working in the healthcare industry working with EPIC
- Experience working with Tap & Go/ImprivataUp and understanding of best practices regarding system security measures
- Experience with software engineering, customer experience and design architecture
- Advanced understanding of business analysis techniques and processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with various operating systems
- Professional work experience in analyzing computer hardware and software
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Experience working with IT leadership in a strategic context
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to deliver technical information to non-technical audiences
- In depth knowledge of End User Computing architectures, management platforms, security patch management, scripting languages such as Powershell, Vmware, Citrix and VDI, Orchestration and automation