IMPEX is requiring the services of a DR/VMware Engineer for its large healthcare customer in the Los Angeles area. This person will help support the team to move forward with their Disaster Recovery (DR) project.
The DR/VMware Engineer is required to be a senior-level technical resource who can lead, architect, support, and provide knowledge transfer to existing staff. This person will require specific skill sets, including SRM, VMware, VMware vSphere, PowerShell Scripting, Active Directory, SAN, NAS, Server Administration, Virtualization, Infrastructure, and DR experience.
- Relevant experience, including customer-facing and IT consulting, with Public Sector customers
- Experience working with storage systems including SAN (FC FCoE), NAS (CIFS and NFS)
- Experience working with windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, IIS and clustering)
- Demonstrable experience of working within a highly scalable virtual systems, provision of performance tuning and optimisation
- Experience installing and configuring VMware Virtualization technologies (SRM) in an enterprise environment
- Experience creating vRO workflows and integrating those into vRA
- Experience delivering on infrastructure automation, hybrid cloud implementation, server and desktop virtualization, server consolidation
- Experience in Server administration experience
- Provides first line support to computing problems, resolving and/or escalating problems reported
- Experience with High Availability computing such as Networking, Clustering, and Load Balancers
- Experience with the following technologies: DNS, DHCP, PowerShell Scripting, Batch scripting, Active Directory, VMware, VMware VSphere, SRM
- Experience installing, supporting and maintaining VMware and Tier I SAN storage solutions