This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approximately 12 months). Our client is seeking a Consultant to assist with Data Center Operations and provide technical expertise, through leadership and guidance to management to the client’s multi-site data center and operations staff.
Over the next five years, the client plans to extend the data center strategy to continue to transform the Enterprise data center infrastructure, the processes that define and standardize work, and the people and organizational structure required to support the initiative. The client plans to use disruptive server, storage, network, and data center facility technologies that can lead to unprecedented quality-of-service levels and total cost of ownership reduction for business applications—all while continuing to improve Information Technology (IT) operational efficiency. Their data center transformation strategy is key for Enterprise IT to continuously deliver innovative, efficient and cost competitive data center capabilities. The Consultant will play an integral role in this, implementing breakthrough solutions and pursuing aggressive goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Oversee the day-to-day data center operations, which includes scheduling and monitoring all critical systems and networks
- Provide guidance to a Production Control Operations Team responsible for planning, scheduling, and executing all batch and automated workloads;
- Ensure data center environments meet established service level objectives;
- Perform data center analysis and make recommendations for new systems implementations;
- Perform data center systems evaluations and capacity planning;
- Perform project management duties as it pertains to data center modifications and enhancements;
- Perform data center environmental design and support;
- Perform disaster recovery coordination with IT and Business units;
- Perform data center budgeting and expense management and provide reports to management for approval;
- Perform audit responses and assistance for investigative purposes as directed by management;
- Direct management of Electrical, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Generator, Life Safety, and Building Monitoring systems to assure 100% uptime, proper operation, and engineering excellence, and Service Level Agreements;
- Develop and manage the data center equipment placement process for multiple data centers in compliance with policies and procedures;
- Periodically perform audits of all data center IT assets per guidelines, when requested by management.
The Consultant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of experience within the last ten (10) years as a Data Center Manager in the management of technology operations, multi-site data centers and operations staff with the following skills:
- Data center power, cooling, network, structured cabling, server and storage infrastructure;
- Critical systems, including power, fire, and safety;
- Electrical and mechanical design, maintenance, and problem resolution;
- Managing complex mission critical IT projects;
- Ability to collaborate with partners and suppliers across multiple disciplines.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years working in technical, hands-on environments and leveraging technology to manage and grow IT environments.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years in planning, establishing, and managing complex storage systems.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years designing and implementing Disaster Recovery and backup strategies.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years Energy & Environmental Design and Green Building Technologies.
- One (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years working in the development of Nlyte applications.