This is a long-term contract with our one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approx. 12 mth, can extend YoY). Our client is seeking a Senior Application Developer to provide support for the WebFocus Business Intelligence (BI) Reporting projects for Enterprise within General Government Solutions Division (GGSD).
GGSD is responsible for configuring and building WebFocus environment(s), performing application administration, implement and maintain application security, analyze user requirements, design and develop custom WebFocus BI Portals, Reports, Models, Dashboards, implement report enhancements and tune queries for optimal report performance.
The Consultant shall provide immediate support and develop enhancements to meet the complex BI requirements, lead and mentor junior software developers, lead business and technical discussions with programmers, clients, management and vendors to facilitate the development of WebFocus BI Portals, Reports and Models.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform all of the following:
- Gather and document requirements to develop WebFocus BI Portals, Reports and Models.
- Communicate requirements and project architecture to stakeholders, developers and management.
- Design and develop new WebFocus Reports/Portals using Application Studio & Developer Studio.
- Design and build Dashboards & Ad-hoc Reports using InfoAssist/Designer.
- Assist in configuring WebFocus environment(s) and Implementing Application Security.
- Configure & Schedule WebFocus jobs using Report Castor and shell script.
- Develop Report queries, Analyze complex fex files & queries and tune program(s) for optimal performance.
- Support testing efforts, such as unit, system, regression and performance testing.
- Analyze and resolve errors and/or reported problems identified during testing phase and post implementation.
- Facilitate collaboration and coordinate development activities within an agile development environment.
- Prepare thorough technical documentation for the development effort.
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring of other application developers and business analyst staff.
The Consultant shall prepare and submit a one-page Bi-weekly Status Report stating the progress of the technical services assigned by the Client’s Project Manager or designee. To be included in the report are the following:
- Time-period covered by the report.
- Overview of the reporting period.
- Completed tasks and other work scheduled, grouped by project assignment.
- Summary of project status as of reporting date, grouped by project assignment
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering. Documentary evidence of this degree must be presented, if called to be interviewed.
- Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in designing and developing WebFOCUS BI Portals/Dashboards/Reports and Models using WebFOCUS 8.x.
- Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in working with SQL and Relational Databases such as Oracle and SQL Server.
- Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in designing & developing SQL queries, debugging & tuning complex queries for optimal performance.
- Four (4) years of experience within the last six (6) years in developing WebFoucs programs using Application Studio & Developer Studio.
- Three (3) years of experience within the last five (5) years in designing ad hoc reports, master file/metadata development and managed reporting.
- Two (2) year of experience within the last four (4) years in configuring and scheduling WebFocus jobs using Report Castor and shell script.
- Two (2) year of experience within the last four (4) years in administering Unix/Linux/AIX Server, WebFocus Server, and BI Portal.
- One (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years in developing dashboards/KPI s using InfoAssist and/or Webfocus Designer.
- One (1) year of experience within the last three (3) years with Directory Service Technologies (LDAP & Active Directory).