IMPEX is an award winning IT Solutions Integrator and Value Added Reseller primarily serving the largest healthcare and public sector clients across California and Western US. Our mission is simple – help our clients think big and convert their strategic vision into reality.
This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region. Our client is seeking an IBM z/OS Mainframe Consultant to assist in the support of the their IBM mainframe operating system environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform all of the following duties:
- Install, configure, implement, tune and debug z/OS, for large scale (IBM z13s and z12/BC mainframe servers) complex applications across the Client s Parallel Sysplex environment. A detailed knowledge of the z/OS Operating System with hands on experience with the latest z/OS versions and release levels is expected.
- Work with currently supported IBM zSeries type processors defining and maintaining IBM large scale environments (IBM z13s, remote z12/BC, multiple LPAR’s) and their associated Sysplex, Coupling Facilities, HMC (Processor Interface), OSA (Networking Interface), ICC (Integrated Console Controller), FICON (Fiber connectivity to peripheral devices), DASD Storage/Flash Copy and TS7760 Virtual Tape Engines.
- Implement IBM zSeries Coupling Facility structure definition and operation support to move structures for machine outages, FICON switch configuration and definition in HCD, Server Time Protocol (STP) configuration and operation, IBM CE support with cabling planning and configuration.
- Provide support as the administrator for PARMLIB changes for all LPARs and to provide support for automation.
- Provide lead support working with z/OS Operating Systems using z/OS, z/OSMF, JES2, IOCP, HCD, RMF, SMF, DFSMS, DFHSM, DFDSS, FDR, SDSF, DFSORT, SMPE, TSO, ISPF/PDF, SVC Dumps, OMEGAMON, VTAM/SNA, TCPIP, OSPF (TCPIP Routing Protocol), VIPA, FTP (File Transfer z/OS), SCRT and IPCS.
- Provide lead support working with and using IBM s ISPF, JCL, SDSF, CLISTs, REXX execs, and TSO/E command processors to assist in the customization and usability of z/OS and program products.
- Provide lead support with Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity utilizing both the DC1 and Business Recovery Center z/OS and zLinux environments utilizing replication between the DC1 Data Center and the LRC.
- Understand and work with implementing and maintaining the internal software and hardware settings needed for an IBM Virtual Tape Server (VTS TS7760 Virtual Engines with TS3500 back-end tape frames).
- Understand and work with VTAM and TCPIP in performing mainframe printer related problem determination and resolution.
- Provide technical assistance to customers and Operations Division. Provide z/OS troubleshooting, problem resolution and 24 x 7 x 365 on-call after hours and weekend support.
- Provide knowledge transfer to the Client s personnel, document all technical work, enhance existing documentation, and maintain all documentation in the section documentation repository.
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer using IBM s ServerPac including changes to parmlib, authorized libraries, CLISTs, REXX and Procs, and other system level software products on IBM Mainframe hardware in a Parallel Sysplex environment.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer maintaining JES2 subsystem as well as knowledge of mainframe TCPIP.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer with VTAM experience.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer installing and configuring High Availability (HA)/Disaster Recovery of data replication & data mirroring.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer defining hardware Input/Output configurations using IBM s Hardware Configuration Definition (HCD) facility.
- Five (5) years of experience within the last seven (7) years as a systems programmer configuring, installing and migrating 3rd party mainframe software releases.
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.