Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the development, deployment, and maintenance of the client’s systems, network, and security operations.
- Work with Information Technology Unit (ITU) staff to ensure the successful design, enhancements, implementation and administration of network and computing security technologies.
- Work with ITU staff to evaluate, implement and manage security vulnerability prevention and defense, perform information security audits and investigations, identify and document security weaknesses in proposed multi-platform solutions.
- Communicate security issues to the project team, enhance network/system management and monitoring solutions, and recommend security controls necessary to mitigate risks utilizing best-of-breed security solutions.
- Interface with the project team and vendor in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs.
- Interface with the ITU networking team in the management of the client’s network.
- Configure and validate the systems, network, and security architecture solution.
- Develop procedural documentation related to system, network, and security infrastructure.
- Provide technical engineering services for the ITU and ensure best practices are followed so that data is kept secured and systems are protected according to federal and state statutes and regulations.
- Work closely with ITU staff to ensure computer security policies and procedures are implemented as defined in security plans. Test security products and systems to detect security weaknesses and perform event correlation across systems.
- Work closely with the ITU to ensure the core equipment in the data center is configured properly, is being managed and monitored based on industry best practices.
- Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to ITU staff.
- Provide weekly status reports, or as requested, by client’s Management staff.
The Consultant must meet all of the below qualifications:
- Active CCNA and/or CCNP certifications
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field
- 5 years of experience in the last 7 years implementing, managing, and deploying operating system and hardware architecture, system capacity, workload, and connectivity.
- 4 years of experience in the last 7 years of progressively more responsibility, for configuring, analyzing, and maintaining complex systems, including configuring, planning, coordinating, and implementing releases, upgrades, or changes to operating systems, servers, and related software. 2 years of which must be in a complex server environment with formal change management, problem resolution procedures, and back-up and recovery plans.
Resumes submitted must contain clear evidence that above requirements are met.