This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approximately 12 months, can extend YoY). Our Client is in need of a Network Consultant to provide support for the data center network and server environment that includes migrations of both physical and virtual servers running Windows Server 2003 2008 Operating Systems (O/S) to Windows Server 2016 2019 O/S, network management, configuration and upgrades for Cisco switches.
The Consultant will be primarily responsible for the remediation of security risks uncovered from the Governance, Risk, Compliance (GRC) assessment conducted by the AT&T Cybersecurity Team.
SKILLS, RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Configure, implement, upgrade, and maintain the Cisco Catalyst and Nexus series switches.
- Troubleshoot the Cisco network systems when needed.
- Conduct firmware and software upgrades to maintain the Cisco network systems.
- Migrate legacy physical and virtual servers to a private cloud environment.
- Network Analyzer, Stealth Watch, Cisco Prime, ExtraHop, OneDrive, SharePoint and Active Directory skills
- Configure firewall security settings and maintain ACLs.
- Provide consultation and configuration support to internal and external customers with the data center network equipment.
- Project management skills to help coordinate with various teams within the department to get projects completed
- Provide cross training to the technical team.
- Provide documentation of the data center network and provide a runbook (where needed).
- Work on remediation of security risks outlined in the GRC.
- Three (3) years experience within the last five (5) years as a network administrator using Cisco network equipment for enterprise environments. Network experience includes creating/modifying VLANs, Access Control Lists, SPAN/monitor sessions, and individual interface configurations and supporting all of the following Cisco network equipment:
- Cisco Nexus 9000, 7000, 2000 running NX-OS
- Cisco Catalyst 3850
- Cisco ISR4451-X-SEC/K9
- Three (3) years experience within the last five (5) years conducting firmware/software upgrades and troubleshooting of Cisco solutions for enterprise environments.
- Three (3) years experience within the last four (4) years administering enterprise Windows environments.