Are you proactively looking for a new opportunity? Is your current project ending in the next 30 to 60 days? Please apply! This opportunity is coming soon.
This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approx. 12 mth,can extend YoY). Our client’s Technology Division (TD), Open Systems Section (OSS) is seeking a Red Hat Linux and OCP System Administrator to enhance and implement new technologies to the Power Cloud environment/Red Hat Linux and Open Shift Container Platform (SAAS) and provide problem determination support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Consultant shall perform all of the following:
- Assist with upgrades, maintenance and migration to the client s critical hosted environments.
- Write custom and complex customization scripts to automate processes.
- Collaborate with project team members to meet timelines and goals.
- Work with senior staff to increase adoption of automation techniques and DevOps and Agile processes to improve software delivery including business-IT alignment.
- Design and advocate solutions using cloud technologies, design principles, integration points and automation methods.
- Provide expertise in migrating all AIX OS verion 7.1 workloads to AIX OS 7.2. This includes upgrading VIO servers to the current versions.
- Enhanced Security and access control to AIX/RHEL servers via centralized authentication
- Provides expertise migrating and upgrading Red Hat Linux servers including patching using Satellite Server and monitoring using Scom in a consistent basis.
- Provide additional help on managing and enhancing Security with present Open Shift Container platform version 3.11 and plan out to upgrade to OCP version 4.0. This will include on premise and cloud environments such as AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud and Google.
- Document all technical work and update existing documentation as appropriate.
- Deliver Technology presentations to Section Manager and Staff.
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to FTE within the section.
- Provide on call and as needed after hours support at the discretion of the Open System Section Manager.
The Consultant must meet all of the following minimum requirements:
- Three (3) years of experience in the last five (5) years working as a UNIX/Linux and OCP systems administrator providing performance tuning, enhancements and managing servers in an enterprise environment consisting of 100 or more servers.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last four (4) years as a systems administrator installing, configuring, patching, securing and updating AIX 7.x on IBM pSeries p7/p8 hardware.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last three (3) years implementing and administering PowerVM virtualization technologies (Virtual I/O) on IBM System pSeries p7/p8 platform with NPIV.
- One (1) year of experience in the last three (3) years working in UNIX security and hardening UNIX operating systems in an enterprise environment consisting of 100 or more servers. This includes creating and managing secure, system and user defined accounts.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last three (3) years maintaining Red Hat Linux servers including satellite server.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last three (3) years improving and configuring file systems on RHEL Gluster, EMC storage on AIX systems using LVM and migrating Virtualized AIX clients from EMC storage to IBM Flash Storage.
- Two (2) years of experience in the last three (3) years in Security enhance RHEL (SE Linux) and Security hardening using Sudo access for RHEL.