http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg 0 0 Christine Setian http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg Christine Setian2022-04-18 11:30:482022-04-18 19:12:20Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator (Contract) - Downey, CA
Red Hat Linux Systems Administrator (Contract) – Downey, CA
This is a long-term contract with one of our large public sector clients in the LA region. Our client is seeking a Red Hat Linux System Administrator to enhance and implement new technologies to the Power Cloud environment/Red Hat Linux and Open Shift Container Platform (SAAS) and provide problem determination support.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with upgrades, maintenance and migration to the client s critical hosted environments.
- Write custom and complex customization scripts to automate processes.
- Collaborate with project team members to meet timelines and goals.
- Work with senior staff to increase adoption of automation techniques and DevOps and Agile processes to improve software delivery including business-IT alignment.
- Design and advocate solutions using cloud technologies, design principles, integration points and automation methods.
- Provide expertise in migrating all AIX OS verion 7.1 workloads to AIX OS 7.2. This includes upgrading VIO servers to the current versions.
- Enhanced Security and access control to AIX/RHEL servers via centralized authentication
- Provides expertise migrating and upgrading Red Hat Linux servers including patching using Satellite Server and monitoring using Scom in a consistent basis.
- Provide additional help on managing and enhancing Security with present Open Shift Container platform version 3.11 and plan out to upgrade to OCP version 4.0. This will include on premise and cloud environments such as AWS/Azure/IBM Cloud and Google.
- Document all technical work and update existing documentation as appropriate.
- Deliver Technology presentations to Section Manager and Staff.
- Mentor and transfer knowledge to FTE within the section.
- Provide on call and as needed after hours support at the discretion of the Open System Section Manager.
- Experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL). Working knowledge of OpenShift and Kubernetes platforms running on-prem and on public clouds such as AWS, Azure and GCP Expertise in development of complex CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps and Jenkins) Experience with industry best standards and RHEL security hardening procedures.
- Seven (7) years of experience in Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, Suse, Debian Linux.
- Four (4) years of experience in developing Ansible playbooks, Shell, and Python scripts.
- Ability to author and implement automation for complex operational and administrative tasks, a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related engineering field.
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.