IMPEX is an award winning IT Solutions Integrator and Value Added Reseller primarily serving the largest healthcare and public sector clients across California and Western US. Our mission is simple – help our clients think big and convert their strategic vision into reality.
This is a long-term contract with our one of our large public sector clients in the LA region (approx. 12 mth, can extend YoY).
RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
Install, support and assist in the design of storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions. Other responsibilities include troubleshooting and resolving customer escalated issues involving data retention systems, traditional and flash storage, Fibre-Channel & SAN networking, hyper-converged server infrastructures, and multi-vendor hypervisor interactions with storage and server facilities in a deployed or supported network.
- Ability to work with project pre-sale and delivery teams to plan, design, deploy, and document Dell EMC storage, backup, and hyper-converged server solutions into customer networks.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Unity, hybrid storage arrays.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC XtremIO, Isilon, and VMAX all flash storage arrays.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Hyper-Converged VxRail.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with Dell EMC Data Domain, Avamar, Networker and RecoverPoint disaster recovery solutions.
- Demonstrated planning, designing, and deploying competencies with data center and SAN networking elements such as Cisco Nexus, Cisco MDS, and Brocade at both an IP and Fibre-Channel level.
- Demonstrated competency with VMware ESXi and vSphere v4, 5, & 6+.
- Essential understanding of Cisco UCS series servers, Microsoft Hyper-V and KVM is a plus.
The ideal candidate can address all of the previously mentioned technologies, speak to them professionally, plan for and implement these solutions, document standards and finalized deployments, and hand-off to the customer in collaboration with the Project Team.
- Minimum 5 years of Dell EMC (formerly EMC) solution implementation and experience
- Storage array, SAN network and data-center systems trouble shooting experience
- Excellent analytical ability and communications skills
- Interpersonal relationship skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Time-management skills
- Customer service skills and experience
- Strong organization abilities
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer without sponsorship
- 4-year Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Dell EMC EMCISA, Cisco CCNA R/S
- Dell EMC EMCIE, EMCDPM
- Veeam experience
- CCNA Data-Center, CCNP Data Center
- VMware VCP-DCV
- Experience with Cisco UCS and Dell Servers
We encourage you to highlight how your unique expertise, experience and capabilities would help both IMPEX and our customers grow.