http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg 0 0 Christine Setian http://www.impextechnologies.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/IMPEX-logo-white-320x80.svg Christine Setian2022-04-01 10:05:302022-04-08 20:54:31IT Project Manager (Contract) - Remote
IT Project Manager (Contract) – Remote
IMPEX is requiring the services of an IT Project Manager Consultant for its financial customer in Northern California. This person will be responsible for coordinating Information Technology projects and facilitating the on-time delivery of project objectives. The Consultant will follow established project management methodologies throughout each of the projects and take initiative to set and refine standards as needed.
The Project Manager will focus on delivering projects that satisfy business requirements at the agreed upon cost and schedule. They will identify appropriate resources needed and direct activities of the project deliverables, become familiar with the system scope, project objectives and each team members’ role and function, and communicate with the appropriate team leads or manager.
Overall, this person will require little direct supervision. They will take initiative and lead projects through successful completion!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage a variety of initiatives and projects from inception to completion, including onboarding implementations, new technology installations, and significant upgrade initiatives to current and future technology environments.
- Plan, schedule and track project timelines, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria using appropriate tools throughout the project life cycle.
- Direct project development activities from requirements gathering to fruition, including project dependencies, critical path, scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives.
- Create and maintain project management documentation to include project management plans (charters), project organization, project risks, project requirements, requirements traceability matrix, dependency matrix, functional specifications and technical specifications.
- Produce or review documentation detailing project plan performance, individual deliverables, team member roles and responsibilities, project budget, proposed change orders, and contingencies.
- Develop communications plan documents, which include project test plan, quality assurance plan, training plan, data conversion, migration and integration plan, implementation and deployment plan, issues logs and lessons learned.
- Maintain a big picture perspective. Serve as a mentor to project sponsors and project team members to educate and assist them with implementing business change management, identifying risks, issues, and impediments.
- Manage expectations and achieve organizational goals. Work to facilitate a stress-free work environment by assisting teams and organization with building a culture of cooperation, respect, simplicity, transparency, and agility.
- Lead project status meetings to ensure good communication within the project team as well as ensure that meeting minutes and status updates are appropriately published to the team, stakeholders and interested parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related field
- Minimum (5) years demonstrated project management work experience
- Working knowledge of the principles, practices, methods of project management
- Experience in IT Systems – Service Now, Okta, Infrastructure, Networking, and call center platforms
- Experience in Smartsheets and JIRA also required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, preferred
- Experience working in an IT infrastructure environment, preferred
- Experience working in a healthcare environment, preferred
- Familiarity with Agile framework, desired
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Required Soft Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal to no supervision and excel at meeting deadlines.
- Must possess strong work ethic, interpersonal communication, time management, problem solving, analytical, and critical thinking skills.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent organization skills.