IMPEX is an award winning IT Solutions Integrator and Value Added Reseller primarily serving the largest healthcare and public sector clients across California and Western US. Our mission is simple – help our clients think big and convert their strategic vision into reality.
We are currently looking for a Solutions Engineer to become a trusted advisor for our customers and a champion for their needs. The Solutions Engineer is responsible for designing, implementing, and supporting advanced multi-platform solutions for IMPEX’s customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES IN THIS ROLE
- Work as a member of the IMPEX engineering team providing consultative and proactive project management support to Impex account base.
- Lead, design, present, and implement successful customer projects within proposed budgets and timelines.
- Be able to provide project oversight, when project managers are not assigned, to ensure that the engagement is executed within budget.
- Prioritize tasks quickly in a dynamic environment across multiple customers.
- Provide presales design documentation and implementation documentation.
- Document advanced procedures and plans related to customer networks/systems software and hardware.
- Focus and assist with the delivery of the entire solution either as a leader, contributor, or facilitator.
- Attend and participate in weekly team calls as directed.
- Provide documentation on on-going POC’s and weekly status updates.
- Provide sales teams and team members systems design assistance, review, validation, and optimization of systems and protocols.
- Contribute to product selection and research, configuration standards and best practices. Educate our sales teams on these products and services.
- Cross-Education/Mentoring of other team engineers.
- Work in a team atmosphere as both a leader and contributor as assigned.
- Typical daily tasks can include, but not limited to:
- Presales projects design, documentation, and presentation
- Install and configuration of customer infrastructure
- Monitoring systems and verifying that Best Practices are being followed
- Disaster Recovery planning and documentation
- Server/Storage design and implementation
- Documentation of existing customer infrastructure
- Accountability: Accountability looks at the extent to which an individual is willing to accept responsibility
- Active Listening: Active listening looks at the extent to which an individual actively attends to, conveys, and understands the comments and questions of others
- Adaptability: Adaptability looks at the extent to which an individual can fit into a changing working environment.
- Business Acumen: Business acumen looks at the ability of the individual to understand and discriminate between various business related topics and issues. This includes insight into, and understanding of, specialized business concepts
- Communication, Oral: Oral Communication skills looks at the extent to which an individual communicates with economy and clarity, actively engaging in conversations in order to clearly understand others’ message and intent, and receives and processes feedback.
- Detail Oriented: Detail orientation looks at the ability of the individual to pay meticulous attention to all aspects of a situation or task, no matter how small or seemingly unimportant
- Initiative: Initiative looks at the ability of the individual to act and take steps to solve or settle an issue.
- Leadership: Leadership skills looks at how well the individual motivates and guides others to ensure performance in accordance with clear expectations and goals. It involves attracting, supporting, developing, and retaining a talented and diverse workforce.
- Problem Solving: Problem solving skills looks at the ability of the individual to recognize courses of action which can be taken to handle problems or potential problems, and applying contingency plans to solve those problems.
- Working Under Pressure: Working under pressure looks at the ability of the individual to maintain composure when exposed to stress
- Sales Awareness: Sales Awareness can include looking for new opportunities in existing accounts, leveraging new technologies/products, finding ways to solve customer problems they didn’t know existed, and bringing unique value that customers are not able to get from other resellers.
- 5+ years experience as a Pre- and/or Post-sales Engineer or equivalent work datacenter and/or infrastructure experience
- 5+ years leading IT project(s) from design through implementation including project management
- 5+ years documenting IT infrastructure such as network diagrams, IT processes, and\or procedures
- 5+ years identifying issues, analyzing the data, and designing solutions to remediate the issue(s).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years Cloud Implementation experience
- 3+ years designing and implementing Backup and Disaster Recovery solutions
- 4+ years related Information Technology field experience.
- Technical certification from Cisco, Dell/EMC, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware and/or equivalent
- AWS certification